Escape Pod Dreams - 21

0 Conversations


Should the neck be that, um, prominent in the curve department?

The New New blob


You may have heard, but we are going to tell you anyway.

IPR has been bought by a reading service for the blind.

The St. Pythias Lighthouse for the Hard of Seeing, Ltd, Incorporated, has done one of those little sneaky things,

you know, where they bought out the repairman's lien on our building.

Seems the landlord ain't been keeping up his payments while requiring us to keep up with our own.

But it seems that some time in the recent past that the Bored of Defectors had a few problems with the rent, and they used some of the production equipment as a collateral on a self-financed loan that the landlord took in lieu of pay...

and he took the finder's fee, or whatever it was, off of that and took it to the dog track...

Our lawyer, that kid who usually fixes the copy machine, says it will take too long to figure it out so that we can fight it, besides, the St. Pythias people have a health plan, which is better than the battered medicine cabinet the Upper Manglement kept claiming was a form of "managed care".

On the plus side, most of the manglement has resigned, since they found out they might actually have to open their desk drawers so that someone could see what was inside.

On the downside, we now have to wear matching polo shirts with our names in braille on big plastic name badges.

While, I, for one, believe that this will help solve some of my recurring laundry day problems,

others in the firm have complained that the shirts only come in two sizes: two short and two long...

Some of the maintenance staff and some of the more mature-seeming female staff have been making jokes about always having wanted to bare their mid-riffs on the job...

While others have been making fun of the word "job" in connection with those particular people's occupations...

What does someone have to do to get fired around here?

A few polite suggestions as to what might be grounds for dismissal.

1. 8:57 AM
A876053

by

Two sizes too big, but happy with the color

1. 8:57 AM
A876053

by

Does this make my Mum look too big?

1. 8:57 AM
A876053

by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

24.04.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1029601

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more